Scooper Application (HAPPY Staking šŸ„³)

Hello everyone,

My name is Leon and Iā€™m the SPO of HAPPY Staking :partying_face:

Recently it came to my attention (thank you Pi and Giovanni) that there are open spots for running a Sundae Scooper. Iā€™d be interested in taking one of the open spots, if agreed by the Sundae community.

A little background information about myself:
I have a bachelors degree in computer science and many years of experience in web development and Linux. Iā€™ve been operating the pool for more than a year now and itā€™s work that I love doing. Besides the pool I also operate a Spectrum batcher, a Rosen Bridge watcher and an Iagon storage node.

Since I am quite new here, Iā€™d be thankful for any tips about creating the temperature check and the actual proposal.

Resources:

https://governance.sundaeswap.finance/#/proposal%23e9b8ad5bc318b574ff96e4c2935fbf2495-ba5b66f2730f319447a78c56a0093

Hey Happy, Welcome!

Apologies for not replying immediately, been very heads down to get Sundae v3 launched, so Iā€™m working on catching up on a lot of things today. Happy to see more SPOs applying to be scoopers!

Here were the Criteria I presented as my personal guiding light for what makes a good choice of scooper:

I donā€™t have any reason to believe you donā€™t meet those criteria (I believe you do), but I figured Iā€™d invite you to comment on how that relates to your background / journey / desire to be a scooper.

As for creating a temperature check, the main thing is to look at existing temperature checks for a template, and make sure to include a poll with only one option, ā€œInterestedā€; Itā€™s not a yes/no vote, itā€™s just to see if it passes the ā€œspam filterā€ sniff test and is worth asking for peoples time for a SUNDAE backed vote.

Hello Pi and thanks for your response.

Let me dive right in and address you points:

1. My Twitter/X account is @happystaking on which youā€™ll find a public record of my posts and replies. I always try and treat everyone with the respect they deserve. Even in case of a disagreement I think itā€™s important to always try and understand the other side and remain respectful.

2. Tech-wise I am always learning and I apply best practises wherever I see fit. I have been operating the pool for more than a year now and in that time I have learned a lot and gained a lot of experience; not only in running a stake pool, but also with running a batcher and setting up other services. Whenever I find that things can be improved, I take the time to make those improvements even if it sometimes means to start with a clean slate.

3. My application comes with the understanding that Iā€™ll become an advocate for Sundae which is absolutely fine! As I get to know more and learn about Sundae Iā€™ll definitely go about and mention Sundaeā€™s USPā€™s. Furthermore I am not someone who goes on X and talks trash about competing projects or protocols, Iā€™m just not this kind of person.

Hopefully this gives you some more insights about myself. Feel free to scroll though my X profile or take a look at my website to learn more. Iā€™ve also joined your Discord where Iā€™ll make some posts and try to get support for the Temperature Check which I can hopefully post this week.

Regards,
Leon

2 Likes

Hey Leon!

Great to see you here and best of luck w/ your application!

1 Like