As activity on the Sundae governance forum increases, it will be important to carefully moderate the discussions. We would like to solicit nominations (and put forth our own) for a small group of moderators that have the following powers and responsibilities:
- Review each newly posted thread on the governance forum to ensure it is classified correctly
- For example, a feature request or suggestion with no actionable details may have been mis-classified as a temperature check, and is more appropriately classified as a discussion
- Recategorize threads under the appropriate category when necessary
- Reply to posts that don’t follow the ratified governance procedures with guidance on how to correct the error
- Encourage and foster healthy discussion on proposals
- Promote and market ongoing proposals receiving low engagement across platforms
- Mute, close, or delete threads that are flagrantly offensive, malicious, spammy, etc.
- Flag proposals in the governance portal that didn’t follow the ratified procedures
- As a check and balance against censorship, these proposals will still be accessible and able to be voted on, but won’t appear immediately on the governance landing page
- Be available as a resource to answer questions regarding governance processes and procedures.
The DAO may update these roles and responsibilities, or the membership of the moderator team at any time, via a governance proposal.
SundaeSwap Labs suggest the following inaugural governance moderators. Each of these individuals have demonstrated their competence, level-headedness, and commitment to the SundaeSwap protocol over the last year:
- D&D (formerly Drink&Drive)
We also propose that, in exchange for their time and efforts in this moderation role, each elected moderator should receive from the DAO Treasury a small stipend of 15000 SUNDAE per quarter per moderator.
Please vote in the poll below if you would like to see this called to a vote on the SundaeSwap Governance Portal.