Staking Sundae token to receive rewards in Sundae or other token

I think this could be healthy and interesting solution for the SUNDAE token value and would add some reason to accumulate

well I am patient. But think this topic is trying to solve something else. To give SUNDAE some additional value. Currently the token is farmed and sold for ADA. Value will go further down I think and this could force the liquidity providers to move to other DEXes. Which could have negative impact on sundaeswap. I think it would be pretty good to give the sundae token more value from the utility/effectiveness perspective.

Alright, agree, but giving more tokens for holding is not a utility. These additional tokens given, wouldnā€™t have more utility than they have now, it would be just more of them to sell, which would drive price even lower. Even rising yield on main pair to incentivize holding would only work for some time. In the end it would be just more tokens given, so stronger sell pressure. sundae token is a governance token, just governance is not here yet.

100% agree. Iā€™m not proposing to give people more sundae. This temp check is not that clear and it is not even any specific proposal. Someone is just suggesting to give ppl rewards for holding sundae. To give rewards in sundae is not a solution - that is what youā€™ve described. But maybe receiving rewards in ada - would be much more effective. But this requires much more deep dive into fees and distribution, scooper fees, etcā€¦ Quite complex. But I can see some potential in that solution.
I may be completely wrong view, but thatā€™s why it is important to discuss such topics.

I assume people in general are in crypto and Cardano for the potential of making money. So why hold a token that in the end gives you no value in return? If Sundae dont give any value, then people will keep selling and price will keep going down. I see the Min token the same way. I dont understand why I should hold any of the tokens.

I agree with this idea. I think there is value in a service that other DEXs do not have, and the value of this proposal is decentralized by having DEXs hold tokens for each other. I imagine that this proposal will be a realistic project.

1 Like

Agree!! Love the idea and add utility to the platform!

1 Like

There needs to be some utility for sure. I assume theyā€™re working on some kind of defiā€¦ or launchpad that will use the Sundae tokens, but at present thereā€™s not really any official word on utilityā€¦ which is a problem

how about a utility that is built in stages, for example like you mentioned,

Stage 1, you stake your SS tokens to a chosen set of pools, by doing so you increase the rewards earned through YF for these pools, ie staking increases your YF by 1-10% in APR small but something to incentivize and be able to build enough SS in the pool to eventually have the potential to wrap that coin and create a trading pool between SS and the non ADA coin in the pool.

Stage 2, once the amount of SS tokens in a pool(s) is large enough, initiate the ability to trade SS for that token without having to trade for ADA in-between.

This would allow for the elimination of the extra fees for the swap to ADA and providing a direct route to exchanging tokens on the site and creating a value add to SS token holders on the site and creating a less expensive method of swapping. There can be a fee/arbitrage between the pair to put back into the pool and create more value to the pool.

3 Likes

I hold almost 1% of the SUNDAE/ADA pool, and I would love to see some sort of staking mechanism for SUNDAE tokens implemented into the DEX (perhaps something similar to dQuick on QuickSwap).

2 Likes

I toally agree. :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

You have my support!